Oura is a fast-growing consumer company that helps people track and improve their sleep and recovery using the Oura ring. We are looking for new iOS developers to join our team and welcome both more senior roles and juniors.
Oura has solid financial backing and a steady revenue stream. We are now expanding our mobile development teams to better support our rapidly growing customer base.
Our iOS team consists of two iOS veterans that have several shipped quality apps under their belt. Joining the team is an amazing opportunity to learn from the best iOS developers in Finland.
Oura’s users are passionate about the product and it has helped many of our users to improve their wellbeing. We drive for excellence - both the ring and the app we have won several design awards, such as the world-famous Red Dot Award.
Our iOS codebase is 100% modern Swift. Our roadmap offers intellectually interesting technical challenges: for example, if you are interested in the top of the class UI approaches, our app has a unique adaptive UI and content system. On the other hand, if you are interested more in the lower levels of the codebase, there are plenty of work to be done in the communication protocols both with the ring and the cloud backend.
As an iOS developer, typical tasks include:
- Implementing mobile application features together in cross-functional teams consisting of developers, UX designers and scientists.
- Ensuring the quality of our app codebase by writing maintainable code, improving our testing practices and continuous delivery systems.
- Taking an active role in shaping the future of Oura's technology and product features.
You will be working in an inspiring environment:
- Small teams of friendly, talented people.
- Developing and deploying high quality, tested and peer-reviewed code.
- A no-nonsense environment, with few distractions and minimal bureaucracy.
- A focus on collaboration and team productivity. We help each other learn and do better every day.
- Helping to shape Oura’s culture.
- Sane working hours, good work-life balance and deep respect for your personal time.
We would love to have you on our team if you:
- For junior positions: Have proven great programming skills and some experience in iOS and Swift programming
- For senior positions: You have played an instrumental role in shipping quality apps to the App Store
- Enjoy writing maintainable and well-tested code.
- Have solid experience of standard software development tools and practices: version control (git), issue tracking, unit testing and agile development processes.
- Have a pragmatic can-do attitude and delivery-focused mindset; shipping working software makes you happy.
- Are happy both executing on your expertise as well as learning new skills.
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura can have a ring of their own and everyone learns something about themselves and how could they improve their health and wellbeing. We also learn from each other.
We use the latest tools and working methods and we're always ready to hear what has worked for you in the past.