Full Stack Developer
Oura is a fast-growing consumer company that helps people track their sleep and improve their wellbeing using the Oura ring.
Oura offers intellectually and technically interesting challenges that differ from typical web app scaling problems. The Oura ring’s sensors have tracked millions of nights of biodata and helped people in over 100 countries to improve their sleep and recovery — and this is only the beginning. Our mission is to empower people to own their potential, giving them the insight and tools needed to be in control of their life. With a rapidly increasing customer base, Oura has a steady revenue stream and solid financial backing.
Our Helsinki office is located in Kaisaniemi, in the city center.
As a fast-moving startup, we focus on delivering customer value and being productive. As such, we leverage AWS managed services whenever possible. Our stack includes:
- React, TypeScript, D3
- Backend: Python 3, with more languages to come
- REST API, protocol buffers, GraphQL
- SQL, DynamoDB
As a full-stack developer, typical tasks include:
- Taking product-level ownership of the design and implementation of new features while working in small, cross-functional teams.
- Revamping the look and feel of the existing web app.
- Designing and implementing APIs and their backing DBs for both internal and external (web/mobile app) users.
- Taking an active role in shaping our tech choices and product features.
You will be working in an inspiring environment:
- Small teams of friendly, talented people.
- Developing and deploying high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code.
- Handling sensitive user data, where security is not an afterthought.
- A no-nonsense environment, with few distractions and minimal bureaucracy.
- A focus on collaboration and team productivity. We help each other learn and do better every day.
- Helping to shape Oura’s culture.
- Flexible working hours, good work-life balance and respect for your personal time.
- The opportunity to expand your role as the company grows.
We would love to have you on our team if you:
- Have experience building web-based UIs that are a joy to use.
- Can build a single page application from the ground up.
- Know how to find performance bottlenecks and debug production applications.
- Have good backend skills and experience with Python or a willingness to learn it.
- Have built backend APIs using REST, gRPC, GraphQL or similar.
- Know standard software development practices: version control (Git), issue tracking, unit testing and agile development.
- Have a pragmatic can-do attitude and delivery-focused mindset; shipping working software makes you happy.
- Are happy both executing on your expertise as well as learning new skills.
- Have solid English skills.
Although not necessary, we value:
- Experience with data visualization and an eye for turning raw data into insight.
- Although we work with React in the frontend, we appreciate broad knowledge of different libraries and frameworks (Vue.js, Angular, etc).
- High-level understanding of machine learning and data science methods.
- Competitive compensation, mobile phone, laptop, sport vouchers, weekly breakfast, and more.