DescriptionOura is looking for an eCommerce Director to oversee the development, maintenance, and measurement of our website as we scale.
The right candidate has experience owning end-to-end web products that create elegant and delightful customer experiences, drive business priorities, and support growth at scale through relentless focus on conversion.
In this role, you will roadmap, prioritize, update, execute, and QA all aspects of our e-comm experience, including front-end and back-end development, optimizations, and integrations including ERP, CRM, payment processing, and more.
You are thoughtful, customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and analytical, with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally. You’ve led eCommerce for a global brand, and have a firm grasp of managing across cultures, languages, currencies, and regulatory structures. You have familiarity and experience across the eCommerce stack, and can lead cross-functional teams spread across the globe.
You will partner with our growth and brand team to understand our needs and to ensure system requirements are met. You will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, brand, business development, customer service, and executive teams to deliver a phenomenal shopping experience, develop business opportunities, and enhance our existing features.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing.
- Contribute to e-comm strategy and vision, develop roadmaps, prioritize user stories, and drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, launch and beyond
- Focus on optimizing conversion for sales and profitability of B2C channels driving to the Oura website: oversee site marketing and merchandising, leverage merchandising and content expertise to help develop a best-in-class online experience that maximizes conversion opportunities and encourages more site visits
- Maintain the product and feature roadmap and spec out new initiatives (including writing requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria for both consumer-facing features and backend functionality)
- Collaborate with Customer Experience, Growth, and Creative teams to create engaging and compelling user experiences while ensuring that feature launches are prioritized and launched on schedule
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated.
- Balance user and business needs while remaining flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Partner with Customer Insights and User Research to deeply understand - Oura’s customers and how our website can be improved to support every aspect of the customer experience, from sale to customer service and community engagement.
- Measure performance and use quantitative and qualitative data to inform the roadmap
- You have 6+ years e-commerce or digital product experience including technical integrations
- Have a solid understanding of web development and architecture and understanding of UX design principles
- Understand and have driven split test and other data-driven conversion optimizations, including landing page design and testing
- Must have experience with evaluating and migrating platforms, and managing development teams including internal staff, contractors, and agencies/vendors
- Must have deep technical expertise, and the ability to communicate it effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Are familiar with the latest trends in digital design and e-commerce
- Deeply curious about why features do/do not work for a user
- Appreciation of Oura's brand and interest in health, wellness, and sleep
- Positive, can-do attitude and hustle to make a big impact in a resource-constrained environment
- Interest in tech, wellness, health, and sleep.
- Enjoys cross-cultural communication.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior startup experience preferred
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and everyone learns something about themselves and how could they improve their health and wellbeing. We also learn from each other.
We use the latest tools and we're always ready to hear what has worked for you in the past.
We ask quite a lot, but in return you will have the freedom to execute and your views will appreciated and taken into account.