Senior Back-end Developer
We are looking for Python backend developer to strengthen our team. Together we are building a product that helps our users to get more restorative sleep, and to see how their lifestyle affects their body and mind.
We offer intellectually and technically interesting challenges that differ from a typical web app scaling problems. The Oura ring has tracked millions of nights of biodata and helped people in over 70 countries to improve their sleep and recovery. And this is only the beginning.
As a back-end developer at Oura, you will:
- implement behavioral guidance algorithms together with our science team
- architect data schemas of Oura data
- design a data processing pipeline together with data scientists
- design and implement APIs used by our mobile and web apps and our external partners
We are looking for you, if you:
- have great Python programming skills
- have a good understanding of relational databases and SQL
- enjoy writing maintainable and testable code
- have a solid experience of standard software development tools and practices: version control (git), issue tracking, unit testing and agile development processes
- have pragmatic can-do attitude: shipping working software makes you happy
Although not necessary, we appreciate if you have:
- experience in running, monitoring and debugging production systems at scale on AWS (We are running on AWS infrastructure and use key AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3 and SQS).
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and everyone learns something about themselves and how could they improve their health and wellbeing. We also learn from each other.
We use the latest tools and we're always ready to hear what has worked for you in the past.