Can you tell a story? Can you tell a story that catches the media's attention? As well as your cousin's?
We're looking for a talented brand storyteller to tell the world about Oura – the world's best sleep improvement platform. Are you passionate about stories worth spreading? Are you familiar with the latest digital marketing trends? Great!
This position can based in the San Francisco area or New York. If you're REALLY good, it doesn't really matter where you live. We'll make things work.
Our story still needs a character (a hero perhaps?) who has in-depth understanding of:
- Digital marketing practices
- Sales, pitches, presentations
- Visual and textual persuasion
- Modern media, including social, key content distribution channels and SEO/SEM
- Traditional media channels, print, packaging
- A passion for story, narrative structure and the creative arts
- A proven ability to translate business requirements across divisions, languages and cultures
- The courage to try things that have never been tried before and take feedback and collaborate in cross-functional teams
These are the skills we're looking for:
- Understanding of story fundamentals (effective character, trajectory, hook, authenticity/details and calls-to-action...)
- Sense of newsworthiness (what makes a story interesting from the audience’s perspective)
- Understanding of news-writing techniques
- Collecting information from various sources, offering alternatives copies based on own expertise and ability to make easily consumable content in infotaining ways
- Interviewing skills: how to ask effective questions and develop a great story
- Storyboarding experience; understanding the effectiveness and appropriateness of story assets (text, images, audio, video) and how to combine them.
- Visual, audio and video content creation experience
- Expertise with online platforms: content management systems for web, e-newsletter services, and social media
- Ability to design and maintain a story bank (with the help of a database or other software/hardware solutions)
We'd really appreciate it if you had:
- Working knowledge of intermediate to advanced-level equipment (camera, video, audio recorder, microphones)
- A passion for science, data and useful gadgets
- Experience using editing software (image, audio and video, post production)
- Experience using web analytics and social media monitoring/measurement tools
- Deep understanding of organization’s overall programming, fundraising, communications and advocacy objectives
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to coordinate and oversee story collection, production and the distribution process
- Experience in creating strategic communications plans and building the story across the channels in designing specific content pieces to meet organizational objectives
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and everyone learns something about themselves and how could they improve their health and wellbeing. We also learn from each other.
We use the latest tools and we're always ready to hear what has worked for you in the past.